PURLEY MASJID TARAWEEH 2021 - CHANGE IN PROCESS
(effective as of Tuesday 20th April)
For the first seven days of Ramadhan, Purley Masjid ran an Eventbrite booking system for Taraweeh. The current Eventbrite bookings will remain only until Monday 19th April.
From Tuesday 20th April, attendance for Taraweeh will be changed to a first come first served basis.
This applies to Brothers only*
We will continue with two Taraweeh slots:
- 1st slot: 9:45pm** (20 Rakats)
- 2nd slot: 11:30pm** (8 Rakats)
- Wear a face covering
- Bring a prayer mat
- Bring a bag for your shoes
- Bring your own bottle of water
- Come with Wudhu
- Arrive 10 minutes before Isha
You must base your decision to book on the Government's COVID-19 Rules and Guidelines
We have limited space for the Sisters. If any Sisters would like to attend, they should e-mail (subject header: "Sisters' Taraweeh")
- Form an orderly queue on the forecourt. Listen to the volunteers’ instructions. Do not try to jump the queue.
- The doors will be closed as soon as Isha Salah starts
- The Wudhu and toilet areas will be closed
- Maintain 1m distancing when queuing; no crowding
- You can sit anywhere, except for the first row. The first row is reserved for the Muezzin, Imams and volunteers
- You can only sit where there are markers on the carpet
- If you are in the same bubble, you may sit next to each other, but leave a space with anyone not in your bubble
- Disperse immediately after Salah; do not mingle on the forecourt or the pavement
Please follow the instructions by the volunteers for safety and efficiency, otherwise the Masjid has the right to refuse entry
** Check the timetable for Isha time changes throughout the month
NB: Eventbrite bookings for Jumu’ah will continue; this system remains unchanged.
In the News
BUILDING PURLEY MASJID
Max Capacity 80
"He is Allah, the One and Only!
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him"
112 Surat Al-‘Ikhlāş
WELCOME TO OUR CENTRE
In a time where peace and harmony amongst people of different faiths and cultures is of greater necessity than ever, Purley Masjid is now poised to embark upon the attainment of this vision; carried by the hearts of individuals, embraced through the unity of the community.